A vehicle crossover is private infrastructure constructed within the road reserve with Shire approval and as such, construction, repair, and maintenance of crossovers are the responsibility of the landowner. This includes maintaining any stormwater infrastructure associated with the crossover as well as managing vegetation for safe line of sight. It is often assumed that the Shire is responsible for crossovers since they are within the road reserve and connected to the road however, the Shire’s role regarding crossovers is only regulatory. If you wish to construct a crossover to your property, please fill in the crossover application form.

The Crossover application form can be obtained  via the the link below, in person at the Shire Office or request made via email at

Crossover Application