Monday to Wednesday 10am to 5pm
Thursday 10am to 7pm
Friday 10am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 12 noon
Joining the library
Membership is free
- Proof of your current residential address is required
- Details of second contact
- Parent/Guardian consent for those under 18
- Visitors may enquire about temporary membership
Bridgetown Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- view the catalogue to see what items are in stock and whether they are available for loan
- place reserves upon items you wish to borrow that are currently on loan
- view your personal loans and the dates they are due back
- send requests to the library for items you wish to order in inter-library loan
Please contact the library if you have any problems using the OPAC
E-Books are now available from the library. Click on the icon above to view the Western Australia Public Libraries Digital Media Collection (WAPLDMC).
Anyone can access this site but to borrow from the collection:
- Your library card needs to be in the form of CL203B......
- Your library membership registration must have been renewed with the last 2 years; and
- You have to have registered for a pin number at the library. Please contact the library for this pin number.
- borrow up to five e-books at a time
- choose a borrowing period of 7, 14 or 21 days
- place items in a wish list for future reference; and
- place holds on items that are already on loan.
Download free E-Audio Books, any time, anywhere, using your library membership card. Click on the One Click Digital Logo above and sign up today. Many titles to choose from and more added every month,
- Loan Period - up to 21 days
- Maximum of 5 items at a time
- Wide range of Clipper audio books available
- A comprehensive "User Guide" is available on the One Click Digital website
- Available to both Mac and Windows users and compatible with a large range of audio devices. See the user guide for details
Log on listen and enjoy!
Unfortunately Kindle users are unable to download books from the WAPLDMC at this time due to the incompatibility of Kindle readers to other formats. A list of compatible e-readers is available on the Overdirve website.
If you have any problems using the digital collection, please contact the library staff for assistance.
Borrowing from the library
- All Members can borrow six items
- Loan period is 3 weeks
- Items may be renewed by telephone to either library unless reserved by the other borrower.
- MEMBERSHIP CARD MUST BE PRESENTED EACH TIME ITEMS ARE BORROWED
Contact the Library
1-3 Steere Street
Bridgetown WA 6225
Phone: 08 9761 1555
Phone After Hours: 08 9761 2503
Fax: 08 9761 2023
Library Service Now Available at Greenbushes Community Resource Centre
Greenbushes residents may now access a limited library service from the Greenbushes Community Resource Centre. The Bridgetown-Greenbushes Shire has supplied the Community Resource Centre with a loan collection which will be exchanged periodically. Readers will also be able to consult the library catalogues and request books on interlibrary loan. These items will then be delivered to the Community Resource Centre for collection. Books borrowed from the Bridgetown library may also be returned in Greenbushes if necessary.
What is available at the library
- Fiction and Non-fiction books
- Junior and Young Adult collections
- Magazines and newspapers
- Books on tape/CD/MP3
- Paperback swap
- CD Roms
- Junior and adult videos/DVD
- Large Print Books
- MLRC: Books in languages other than English
- Reference material
- Local History Collection
- Community information notice boards and special events displays
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
Need help with your homework? If you are in Years 4-12, you can use YourTutor to solve your home work problems. Login and chat with tutors who are experts in English, maths, science, assignment research and study skills. The service is available from 4 - 8pm, Monday to Friday. Best of all access to YourTutor is free. You do need to have a Shire of Bridgetown-Greenbushes library card to access this service. Just click on the above link for instant access to YourTutor
- Internet used for research is free of charge.
- Email is available after 4pm and 9 till 12 on Saturdays.
- Bookings are required
Housebound Library Services
Delivery services for homebound people who otherwise would have no access to library and information materials. Contact the library for details.
Requests and Inter library Loans
If an item in our collection is on loan we can reserve it for you. If we don’t have the item or information you want either visit, ring or email the library with your requests and we will try to get it for you from other public libraries in Western Australia. There is a limit of six interlibrary loan requests per person at any one time.
- Items lost or damaged while on loan must be paid for.
- Lost or stolen library card will be replaced on payment of $5 (Inc.GST )
Your library is a public place. Library staff want you to feel welcome, to enjoy your visit and to use as many services as possible.
Book Club Meetings are held on the third Thursday afternoon of the month between 1.00pm - 2.30pm. Anyone interested in coming along should register their interest with the Library.
The writer's group meet on the 4th Thursday of the month from 1.00pm - 3.00pm in the library. New members welcome.
Baby Rhyme Time
Baby Rhyme Time for babies over 6 months is held every Wednesdays at 10.00am - 10.30am. Parents, babies and toddlers can have lots of fun learning simple rhymes and songs together. It introduces babies and toddlers to the joys of literature, helping them to develop skills they need to learn to read and communicate.
Good websites for sourcing information about authors and categories of fiction books and helping to find new books and authors read:
Another children's site is
Ziptales - Discover all sorts of children's stories to read and listen to, games to explore, puzzles to do and games to play. Include activities for parents and young children to do together to develop children's reading skills.
This subscription service has been provided through Better Beginnings supporting families in sharing a love of reading.